Salman Khan is a genuine Bollywood superstar with his weight worth in gold. He has tonnes of charisma oozing out of every pore of his body. He has a massive fan following, perhaps the greatest currently by an Indian film star.
He is going through a stellar box office run and churning out one superhit after another. Of course, all the above is actually the same thing.That he has a huge fan following and that they watch his every movie of his no matter what it is and that the producers rake in all the moolah.
But how does he fare when compared to other superstars down the ages? That would be an interesting comparison. Box office success cannot be the only parameter in deciding how good or bad a superstar is. There are many other factors at play here.
Salman Khan is definitely not your ideal Role Model. In fact the man doesn’t even qualify for a good human being! He’s a larger-than-life image of all those qualities which make some Indian men so loathsome. He is a concentrate of everything bad about the Indian man. He thinks his is the most important human sample on planet Earth and that everyone else exists to please him or do things according to him. I hate such people and I know a lot of people who can’t tolerate such behavior from a fellow ‘human being’.
1. No respect for women:The man beats up his women! What worse could be expected from a celeb half on India looks up to? He doesn’t know how to respect women! Yet all his films portray him as the messiah who beats up the bad guys! I wonder who will beat up Salman Khan in real life!
2. He’s a horrible boyfriend: Besides, beating up his girlfriends, this man offers zero emotional fidelity to the relationship. I don’t understand why anyone would even consider dating him. He’s such a flop when it comes to personal relationships! He’s incapable of cultivating meaningful relationships based on love, trust and mutual respect.
He has hooked up with many actresses, models, and famous faces. But none of his relationships has worked for long. The reason is that the man does not provide enough love and trust in relationships. He offers no emotional fidelity towards relationships and has been dumped by certain actresses like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif.Salman ‘s obsessive behaviour is also a major reason for their breakup. Salman once landed up outside Aishwarya’s residence late in the night to speak to her, but she refused to let him in. It was said that
3. He’s a criminal: He’s officially killed people. I don’t know if it gets worse than that. And not for his ideology – he’s not a naxal or a jehadi! He’s just a petty drunk driver who couldn’t handle his drink and steering and thus ran over a bunch of poor people who were sleeping on the footpath after a hard day’s work.
Even if he try to forget that he somehow did not go to jail but we can not change the real facts of 2002 hit-and-run case. One person was killed and four were injured after Salman’s SUV ran over the stairs of the American Express Laundry in the intervening night of September 27 and 28, 2002. Though he was acquitted of all charges in the 2002 hit-and-run case by the Bombay High Court, but it is quite evident that the incidence was not by mistake but because of drinking and driving nature of the living ghost ( Salman?) who was driving the car. This is a punishable act in every possible way but we all know the power of stars in our country. And yes! He is not just a Star, but the Superstar!
Not just that he also kills for his pleasure. He thought it would be funny to shoot a few endangered black bucks because clearly the pubs in Mumbai are not enough for him. or maybe because he got bored of killing people!
It is not just humans who became the target but also blackbucks in Jodhpur who were shot dead by the ‘Bhai Jaan’. The case is reportedly of 1998 when he poached two chinkaras and a black buck while shooting for “Hum Saath Saath Hain”. He was sentenced 5 years of imprisonment but is currently out on bail.
4. He doesn’t own up to his mistakes: If Salman Khan had any shame or conscience then he would have owned up to it. He would have said yes I am guilty – I did those things and I regret it. Instead this man just decides to keep wearing the “hero mask” on the silver screen and say big dialogues like “Hum yahan ke Robinhood hai … Robinhood Pandey”
5. He’s got no self control: He is accused many times of his violent behavior with the media persons while they are capturing him. Having such a huge fame, he is ought to have a large number of fans but he has at some point misbehaved with fans also. This is probably, not good for his image but this remains all hidden in a mass number of fans.
This man randomly abuses and thrashes people around him. His tiff with the media is constant. I wonder how many cameramen he has assaulted. And why? Because they were trying to do their job? They can’t really help pestering a Bollywood star! That’s what earns them the bread! Besides, they have a boss over their head! No other star behaves like this with media personnel besides Salman Khan.
6. He’s unprofessional: He arrives drunk on the sets of his film. He arrives way after time. He’s basically a nightmare to work with. He clearly doesn’t believe in this dialogue when it comes to real life – “Ek baar maine commitment kar di, toh phir mai apne aap ki bhi nahi sunta”
7. He’s a Megalomanic: This man is so obsessed with power and with himself that he actually changes scripts! Infact he sits out with the editor making sure he looks awesome in each shot! No wonder his films are so crappy!
8. He’s ruined a lot of careers: At one point of time Vivek Oberoi was a very promising new comer. People were saying he could be the next SRK! And then Salman Khan happened to him. Now he’s a laughing stock. Nothing more. Was it really that big a deal that he had to ruin someone’s career by pulling strings in the industry? Why does he have so much ego?
9. A womanizer: He uses his industry contacts to get personal benefits! Every time there a newcomer in the Industry, Salman khan must sleep with her. He basically has sex with women half his age by promising to give their career a strong backing! Sorry but that’s kind of very sad!
10. He’s a bad actor: This man is not good at the one this the world knows him for! His acting is so bad that directors have now started casting him in movies where he plays Salman Khan only. The film fraternity has given up expecting expressions out of Salman’s face! I wonder how he gets to sleep at night. Not a good human being, not a good lover, not even a good actor. What’s he good at?
11. Box office bravado : Salman’s career in short: Bad acting. Bad scripts. Bad films full of contradictions and plot holes. Male chauvinism to the core. But downright brilliant at the box office. Maybe he’s the only superstar who boasts of such a lop-sided record.
The chances of finding a Salman movie in the IMdB Top 250 are remote. (Aamir has had many though). In fact, if you look at the “Salman Khan Rs 100 Crore Club”, most of them score below 6/10. Even Dabangg is a mere 6.3.
One exception is Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), but there too, the show stealer was child actor, Harshaali Malhotra. Salman will complete 30 years in Bollywood in a couple of years and for such a long career, he has too few good performances and too few really good films.
12. No role model : Then he’s no role model either. Salman has been involved with too many incidents. There are cases related in court pertaining to drunk driving, the death of a pedestrian and the killing of a black buck.
There have been rumors of his misbehaving with his girlfriends and creating scenes on the film set and Vivek Oberoi even went public with it. He also has the dubious distinction of being involved with the first Bollywood film funded by the underworld. (Chhota Shakeel – Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, 2001.)
It’s quite embarrassing that his father Salim Khan has to come and keep defending his son. Salim, along with Javed Akhtar, formed the legendary Salim-Javed script-writing duo, which came out with some of Bollywood’s best movies. Salman has matched his father at the box office, but absolutely at nothing else.
People keep talking of online trolling, but Salman makes no efforts to control his fans and every article written against him is attacked. As you can see, he is the only superstar who ticks all the wrong boxes both online and offline.