If you are already prone to motion sickness you should:
– Eat a small meal before you begin your journey, but avoid greasy foods.
– Follow up with small, light snacks (such as dry crackers) during the trip.
– Drink plenty of water – maintaining hydration will help alleviate any symptoms.
– Don’t drink alcohol – it will make you feel worse (especially the morning after).
– Try stimulating your other senses. Aromatherapy may help distract you from the motion.
– Eat ginger or flavoured lozenges. (There is evidence that ginger reduces nausea and vomiting in adults. Conversely, there’s no evidence that magnets or acupressure bands prevent motion sickness.)
– Avoid smoking or being near someone who is.